This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure for more information.
Meat is probably the most expensive item in most people’s grocery cart. Even those of us who are experienced couponers are not that savvy when it comes to saving a lot of money on meat.
That’s why I am so excited to be able to introduce this resource to you. When I first discovered it, I remember thinking that I must have been living under a rock because I never knew about this innovative way to order meats (and seafood)! It’s called Zaycon Fresh.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure here.
Zaycon Foods Review
What is Zaycon Fresh?
Zaycon Fresh is a privately owned company based in Spokane, Washington. The company was founded in 2009 with the simple mission to bring farm fresh meats direct to consumers at wholesale prices and has expanded to seafood too.
You can think of Zaycon Fresh as a type of food co-op. Buying via a food co-op leads to higher quality due to direct relationships with the producer, fresher food again because of the direct relationship, as well as lower prices because you are cutting out the middleman (i.e. the grocery store).
It’s a smart food buying concept and not having to step into the store is what I love the most because you order your meat and go pick it up at the specified location and someone brings it right to your car, fresh off the delivery truck!
How does the whole process work?
1. You order your meat and seafood selections now for a pickup date 1-4 months from now. This is how a group buying system works. When many can order directly from the supplier, it drives the price down. As a result, this is done over a several month time period to ensure the requirements of the group discount price.
Keep in mind they deliver to over 1200 locations so if you don’t see any delivery in your area now that doesn’t mean they will never deliver to your area so keep checking and shoot them an email! They love finding new areas to deliver too.
2. You order in bulk. Generally 40 lb cases at a time. I know that seems like a lot but many families will split a case. I was able to split it with a friend because my family is small. You can also freeze your meals. I use FreezEasy meal plans to plan out meals for all of the meat I bought. If you haven’t heard of FreezeEasy, they have specific freezer meal plans for Zaycon consumers! You can check those out here.
3. At the specified day/time of your local pickup, a refrigerated truck will arrive in your area.
4. You will drive to your pickup location on the day and time of your pickup event, generally within 30 minutes, some locations within 5 minutes of your home and in the parking lot of a private business or organization where arrangements have been made.
5. The best part, you don’t even have to get out of your car! You pull-up in line. When it is your turn, roll down your window and give the driver your name, pop your trunk and they will place a plastic sheet down to protect your vehicle and load your order into your trunk. Then just drive home with your order!
The whole process is just a few minutes, which makes it very convenient! I wish I could order all my food this way.
When you get home you will want to split up your meats and get them into the freezer. Start prepping your freezer meals or just start freezing individual or family portions.
Why would I buy my meat and seafood this way instead of the grocery store?
In my opinion, it’s quick and so easy! Plus you are getting the best quality meats and the cost is 30-50% less than the grocery store depending on the meat selected so you just cannot beat it. If you’re worried about having too much meat you will definitely want to share it with a friend, you both can go half or do some meal planning and save yourself a ton of time and money.
How do I order?
Ordering is really easy!
- Log on to the Zaycon site and register or log-in. You can do that here.
- At the top of the page, click on shop by product or by location.
- Find the offerings you are interested in. You will find the details of the meat being offered.
- Click on “On Sale Now”
- Add as many cases as you would like.
- If there is a coupon code, enter it at checkout. Now until 4/30, you can use promo code PT20 to save 20% off your FIRST order!
- At secure checkout, enter your payment information.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your order and you will also see your order history under “My Account.” Wait for your pickup date/time!
I hope this article helps you save money on your next meat and seafood purchase! Have you heard of Zaycon Foods before today? What do you think, would you order in bulk to save big? Let me know in the comments!