This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure for more information.
This post is sponsored by Giving Assistant but opinions are 100% my own.
Giving Assistant Review: Is Giving Assistant Legit?
If you follow my blog you know I love using cash back programs and coupons to save money on my shopping. So when I was introduced to Giving Assistant I was happy to check it out and share my experience with all of you.
First, What is Giving Assistant?
Giving Assistant’s headquarters is based in San Francisco and their ultimate mission is to transform everyday shopping into charitable action (love that!).
They’re a Certified B Corp and shopping rewards platform that makes it easy for shoppers to both save money and give back for free!
Giving Assistant’s shoppers can earn cash back and find the latest coupon codes from over 3,000 trusted brands and have the option to choose from over 1.2 million charitable organizations to donate a portion of their cash back earnings.
My Giving Assistant Review and Experience
I’ve wanted to order my favorite beauty products from Paula’s Choice for a while, so I decided to do it through Giving Assistant and see how it went. I was super happy to see they were giving 9% cash back at Paula’s Choice and that they had a bunch of coupon codes listed as well that I could choose from.
Below is a screenshot from Giving Assistant showing the percent of cashback and the coupons I have as choices.
I went with the 20% off coupon for my order which also gave me free shipping.
To make sure you get the best experience with cashback sites you always want to make sure you are logged into your account and go directly to the retailer’s website from your cashback account by clicking “shop now”.
This will help them track your order and give you your cash back without any issues. By shopping through Giving Assistant, I was able to save 20% on my order by using a coupon code they provided, get free shipping AND I will be getting 9% on top of that in my cashback account.
Below is a screenshot from my actual order.
A few days after my order I had money in my account! I saved almost $16 in total by going through Giving Assistant and using a coupon code they provided,
Overall, I would say I had a great experience and saved a lot of money. I will be adding Giving Assistant to my list of favorite cash back sites! If you shop anywhere online including popular stores like Wal-Mart, Macy’s and Kohl’s than you will want to be using Giving Assistant as well.
Below I list just a few of the things I like about Giving Assistant:
- Giving Assistant gives 100% of their commissions back to the customer! That means more cash back for you!
- Quick & free signup! Takes less than a minute to sign up and it is totally free to join! Use my referral link and get $5 in your account to start. You can signup here for that $5!
- Cash out is quick and easy. You can cash out to PayPal or by check once you reach $5.01 in your account. So basically if you use my link here and shop once through Giving Assistant, you will already be able to cash out!
- Option to give to Charity. You have the option to give all or a portion of your cash back to the charity of your choice. That’s a great way to donate!
- Earn money for referring friends. Earn $5 for saving your friend’s money!
So what do you think? Would you give Giving Assistant a try? Let me know in the comments below.
You may also be interested in:
- The 10 Best Cashback Sites (updated for 2020)
- Rakuten Review: Legit or Scam?
- Turn Your Receipts into Money!
- My Top 10 Coupon Apps
- How to Use Coupons Even When Your Busy
Need help with budgeting and saving money? Join my email list below and get money-making and saving tips, promotions, and exclusive freebies sent right to your inbox. Sign up below!