This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of my links I may earn a commission. See my full disclosure here.
Save Money on Organic Food
Are you looking for ways to save money on organic food? I have a lot of people ask me how they can save money on organic food. While organic food is more expensive than nonorganic food, there are many ways you can reduce the cost.
You can save money and make it just as affordable as nonorganic food. I put together a list of 5 different ways you can save money on organic foods below, be sure to leave a comment on how you save money!
1. Coupons: My favorite and easiest way to save on organic food is to use coupons. You can find a lot of coupons online at sites like CommonKindness.com, MamboSprouts.com & Earthfare.com. You can also search our Coupon Database.
Just type in the word or brand you want a coupon for and it will populate the results and tell you where to find that coupon! You can even just type in “organic” and it will bring up different organic brands and coupons like in the example below:
Stores like Whole foods have a bunch of coupons in store (look by the door usually and you will find the Whole Deal Value Guide filled with Coupons) and online here and what’s great is that you can combine them with manufacturer’s coupons to get an even better deal.
Go right to the source! You can also check out the website of your favorite organic brand to look for coupons. Or even write to your favorite brand and tell them how much you love their products and usually they will mail you coupons. If you are new to couponing be sure to check out our Coupon Series to learn more.
2. Grow your own food: Have a green thumb? Consider starting a garden. If not, you can always buy or barter fresh organic food from neighbors and friends! Lots of people who have gardens often have lots of extra fruits and veggies that they end of giving away or even throwing away!
3. Shop in season: Usually seasoned foods are on sale if you buy them then freeze them you will save money. Markets will usually have those one or two items that are on deep discount, they usually use those items to drive people to the store. Buy lots and freeze them to save money.
4. Shop Online: Stores like Grove Collaborative, Vitacost and Abe’s Market have coupons and if you stock up when they have sales you can save a lot of money. You can also find deals right on Amazon!
5. Buy the “Clean Fifteen” nonorganic and the “Dirty Dozen organic to save money. The Environmental Working Group (EWG.org) put together a Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides & Produce which lists a dozen fruits & veggies you should always buy organic and a list of 15 that you can get non-organic if needed. Thanks EWG for this awesome list, I have it handy at all times!
- Sweet bell peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Snap peas – imported
*******Hot Peppers + & Kale / Collard greens + (added)
- Sweet Corn
- Sweet peas (frozen)
- Sweet potatoes
Go ahead and signup at http://www.ewg.org/foodnews and get a PDF List. They also have an App you can download on your phone so you can have it handy at the store!